• Overseas travel notification

    This form allows you to lodge an overseas travel notification if your client has a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) loan or Trade Support Loan (TSL) and has lived, or intends to live, outside of Australia for 183 days or more in any 12 month period.

    Users must have the correct permissions set by their Administrator in Access Manager to update the client’s contact details before completing this form.

    Completing the form

    In order to access the form the client needs to be in focus.

    To complete the form, select:

    • Client forms from the left menu
    • Overseas travel notification from the forms listed.

    You will need the following details from the client’s Australian and /or foreign passport:

    • country of issue (foreign passport only)
    • passport number
    • date of issue
    • date of expiry.

    You will also need to know your client’s:

    • main country of residence
    • expected or actual departure date from Australia
    • expected or actual date of return to Australia (only required if the client indicates that they are not leaving permanently).

Relying on our information - our commitment to you

We are committed to providing you with advice and guidance you can rely on, so we make every effort to ensure that what we give you is correct.

If you follow our advice or guidance and it turns out to be incorrect, or it is misleading and you make a mistake as a result, we will take that into account when determining what action, if any, we should take.

Some of the advice and guidance on this website applies to a specific financial year. This is clearly marked. Make sure you have the information for the right year before making decisions based on that information.

If you feel that our advice and guidance does not fully cover your circumstances, or you are unsure how it applies to you, contact us or seek professional advice.


© Australian Taxation Office for the Commonwealth of Australia

You are free to copy, adapt, modify, transmit and distribute this material as you wish (but not in any way that suggests the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or any of your services or products).